Everyone knows that dieting is never, ever fun, but the real struggle is the self-control required to stop yourself from gorging on that hearty bowl of spaghetti and meat sauce the rest your family members are enjoying… and instead chomp on the 3 celery sticks you’ve allowed yourself today in order to meet your goal weight.
Don’t you wish there was some sort of middle ground? A way to indulge in a hearty bowl of pasta for dinner, all while keeping the calories under control? Well, look no further because you wish has been granted – cue RAW, VEGAN, ZUCCHINI PASTA. Whether you’re cutting weight, or just trying to eat healthier, this zucchini pasta recipe is one of the easiest raw vegan dishes out there to make.
Serving Size: 1 / Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium sized zucchinis
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole tomatoes
- 5 sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- fresh parsley, basil, cilantro (to your liking)
- half of a red bell pepper
- half a lemon (juiced)
- garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, cayenne pepper (NO SALT!)
- Food processor or blender
- Spiral slicer (found on amazon.com)
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes overnight or a few hours before cooking.
- Chop all vegetables (except zucchini) and place into food processor.
- Process vegetables until it resembles a salsa-like texture, then add all spices. TIP: process half the vegetables first, then add the rest to avoid overloading the food processor.
- Pulse the food processor again until the sauce resembles a thick, gazpacho-like texture and taste. Add spices to taste. TIP: Added too many spices? No problem, just add more tomatoes to even out the taste.
- Transfer the sauce into a bowl and cover to let the flavors marinate.
- Peel the zucchini. This step is purely for aesthetics (because green noodles aren’t as convincing) so if you have yellow zucchinis on hand, you can skip this step.
- Enter the SPIRAL SLICER. Place your zucchini in this dream-granting-kitchen-apparatus, and turn the handle to make spaghetti shaped vegetables! This is a gadget I had to jump through hoops to secure, but nowadays they are available on amazon/any popular online shopping site. There are many different varieties, so do your research before buying one. Informative YouTube video here.
- Layout zucchini noodles onto a plate and spoon over your gazpacho-marinara sauce.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs, and enjoy your full-flavor, guilt-free, salt-free, fat-free, earth and animal friendly meal!