This recipe is perfect for fighters, especially around the last 3 weeks before a fight – i.e., when're are cutting weight! First of all, eggs are a clean source of protein and are inexpensive and easy to prepare. Secondly, this is a very clean meal - no oil or salt is used. Even if you're not a fighter, this is a healthy omelette that remains tasty and is easy to make!
Serving Size: 1-2 / Total Time: 15 minutes
- large eggs (3)
- a small onion (1 quarter)
- chopped garlic (1 clove)
- Italian dried herbs (1 teaspoon)
- a bit of chopped fresh chili, 1 mushroom and 1 sprig of broccoli (optional but recommended)
- Take a glass bowl and crack in 3 egg whites. Whisk. (If you’re not cutting weight, whisk 2 full eggs, with the yolks). NO oil or greasing of the bowl is required.
- Add the Italian dried herbs, small onion and clove of chopped garlic. If you like your food with a little heat, you can add some chopped fresh chili. For a more full meal, chop in the mushroom and the sprig of broccoli.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes (you may have to stir mid-way to ensure even cooking) and there you go – delicious and satisfying! If you don’t have a microwave, place everything in a small baking dish, muffin tins or silicon muffin cups and bake for approx 15 min for an equally delicious meal.
You can enjoy these eggs with salad (no oily dressing, vinegar/balsamic vinegar recommended) or even with our wrap recipe…coming soon!