Here's a simple breakfast meal for your every day SPAM lover - the Spam Breakfast Sandwich.
Serving Size: 1 / Total Time: 15 – 20 minutes
- English muffin
- SPAM, the hero of the hour
- 1 egg
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh spinach (a few leaves)
- olive oil
- ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard (optional)
- Slice 2 pieces of SPAM and fry them in a pan in a small amount of olive oil. Once done, set aside.
- Slice the English muffin in half and put both halves in the toaster for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- Sauté fresh spinach in olive oil on low heat. Be careful not to burn.
- By now your muffin should be ready and toasted. Place spinach on the bottom half.
- Fry 1 egg in olive oil. I like to fry my eggs over easy so the yolk is still runny. The secret is being very gentle with the flip. Once done, place egg on top of spinach.
- On top of the egg, place SPAM.
- Lastly, add a slice of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add ketchup, mayonnaise, or mustard if desired.
Bon appétit, and I hope you enjoy this Spam Breakfast Sandwich and much as I do!
If you’d like a healthier option for breakfast, check out our Weight Cutter’s Omelette recipe.