I also HATE to waste coffee! There's often a little coffee leftover from our morning brew. I love to put this leftover coffee into an ice cube tray and pop it into the freezer for later. I'll then add the ingredients below to make a treat perfect for the on-the-go athlete. It's also perfect for that pre or post-workout boost! It tastes better than ice cream too...Starbucks Frappucinos, move over!
- 1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
- Several frozen coffee cubes (the more you add, the slushier and stronger your shake will be, I often put in almost a full tray and use very little liquid – milk/water)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Approx 300-500 ml Skim Milk/Unsweetened Milk of Your Choice OR Water – especially if you are weight cutting
- Simply put all ingredients into a blender and mix for a nice slushy, almost ice cream-milk shake consistency!
A great addition to this recipe is a banana, which makes for a creamier treat. Post-work out, the banana will give you potassium as well.
Try it for yourself, play around with the flavours and see what you like best in your Frozen Coffee Delight. Let us know how you mix up your coffee cubes!
Note: Coffee consumed in moderation has incredible health benefits, including staving off diseases such as skin cancer, diabetes and dementia. It also improves your mood and increases mental alertness, as well as sports performance.