Mama Doshi is a wizard in the kitchen and this vegetarian / vegan potatoes dish is one of her signature ones...Bombay Potatoes. They're pretty to look at in their stacked, fiery formation and are great for when you have guests over. They of course happen to be absolutely delicious too.
Let's have a look at what goes into this spicy, savory dish passed down by generations of Doshis.
Serving Size: 4-6 / Total Time: 30 minutes
- potatoes (1 kilo)
- onion (2 medium sized)
- red chili powder
- salt (per taste or 1.5 teaspoons)
- any oil (2 tablespoons)
- coriander (3 tablespoons)
- First boil the potatoes. Remove the skin, set them aside, and let them cool off for 30 min. Finely chop the onions.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized pan. After the oil is hot, place the onions in the pan.
- After 5 min, add the potatoes, salt and red chili. Keep the flame on low. Mix rather strongly for about 5-7 min so that the potatoes and chili taste properly.
- Place your potatoes on your serving dish and sprinkle finely chopped coriander for decoration.
We hope you like this vegetarian / vegan potatoes dish. If you don’t, you probably haven’t cooked it right! This dish is proof that vegan dishes can be just as flavorful as anything out there.