Bananas and peanut butter. The two surprisingly go extremely well together and contrary to popular belief, peanut butter is actually quite healthy. Now of course there are different kinds of peanut butter, ranging from the organic variation to your every day jar of Skippy. But on the whole, peanut butter is good for you.
Peanut butter is a good source of protein and bananas are a good source of potassium. Combine the two for a quick, nutritious shake that will be sure to please any gym addict. See the recipe below.
Serving Size: 1 / Total Time: 5 minutes
• 1 medium banana
• 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
• 1 cup of milk
• 6 ice cubes
• cinnamon (optional but recommended)
1. Peel the banana and insert it into the blender.
2. Add milk, peanut butter, and ice cubes.
3. Blend until ice is crushed.
4. Pour in glass and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
– soy milk instead of regular milk
– organic peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter
– try throwing in a scoop of whey protein
The banana and peanut butter form a delicious union – we hope you enjoy this Banana & Peanut Butter Smoothie!
Looking for a less healthy beverage, one all the way from the shores of Brazil? Look no further and click here: Caipirinha – Brazil’s Flagship Beverage